No Bake Brownies
- 10-pitted Medjool dates
- ¾ cup raw almonds or nuts of choice
- 3 tablespoons raw cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder (or JP+ Complete Chocolate Powder)
- 2 tablespoons almond butter or nut butter of choice
- 1-tablespoon maple syrup
Place the dates and almonds in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the steel blade.
Process on high until it resembles a crumbly, sandy texture.
Add in the remaining ingredients and process until a dough begins to form.
Take 1-2 tablespoons of dough in your hands, gently roll the mixture into balls.
Repeat with the remaining dough.
Enjoy immediately or store in a sealed container in the fridge or freezer.
Note: These can also be made into bars by pressing the dough into a square baking pan lined with parchment paper, then placing the pan in the fridge to set for about 30 minutes. Remove the parchment paper and slice the mixture into bars. Again, store these in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.
Makes 12-14 bites
Many of us CRAVE treats! Many of us CRAVE chocolate! This recipe is so great because it satisfies AND is actually good for us! There are several different variations of this recipe, some involve grains, seeds, etc. I will probably feature them in the future…stay tuned!
All of the ingredients in this treat is PACKED with health benefits. We have talked about nuts and nut butters in the past so:
Let’s talk about Dates!
A Summary Of Dates Health Benefits: Dates Are Great For:
- Weight loss
- Relieving constipation, supporting regular bowel movements
- Promoting heart health, reducing heart disease risk
- Iron-deficiency anemia
- Reducing blood pressure
- Promoting respiratory and digestive health
- Pregnancy deliveries
- Hemorrhoid prevention
- Chronic conditions such as arthritis
- Reducing colitis risk
- Preventing colon cancer
Now How About Chocolate?
There are actually many health benefits associated with chocolate! Aren’t you glad? The secret is to not get all the other stuff many chocolate candies include.
5 Benefits of Raw Organic Cacao
- 40 Times the Antioxidants of Blueberries.
- Highest Plant-Based Source of Iron.
- Full of Magnesium for a Healthy Heart & Brain.
- More Calcium Than Cow’s Milk
- A Natural Mood Elevator and Anti-Depressant.